Published by - The Wed Post | 5 minute read
While elaborate bridal beauty rituals and pampering sessions are something that we all crave for, it’s not a hidden fact anymore that we also lowkey love indulging into some fun DIY skincare activities at home. And with the current lockdown limiting our runs to the parlour and confining us to the boundaries of our home, we totally feel that now is the time to treat your skin to some healthy, nourishing DIY masks at home. Here are our favourite five to begin with.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix it with a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Gently apply all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Aloe vera is an all purpose natural ingredient with powerful antioxidants that can help your skin get rid of dead cells leaving you with glowing skin.
- Combine three tablespoons of orange or lime juice with a quarter cup of honey
- Rub the mixture lightly over your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water, followed by a moisturizer
Honey is a natural antiseptic that heals skin faster. It’s antibacterial properties helps remove bacteria from your skin, leaving it looking fresh and healthy.
- Take a teaspoon of gram flour and mix it with a tablespoon of raw milk.
- Gently apply the paste on your face and rinse it off with water after ten minutes
Gram flour is one of the most treasured natural ingredients for skin care purposes. It, along with raw milk, is a powerhouse of skin benefiting antioxidants.
- Mix three tablespoons of turmeric powder with water and two tablespoons of lemon juice until it creates a thick paste.
- Apply to your face and leave it on for 5 minutes after which you can rinse it off.
Turmeric decreases microbial growth which can cause acne. It also helps reduce dark circles, soothe dry skin and protect it from sun damage and ageing.
- Mash one ripe banana and add a tablespoon of honey to it.
- Stir into a paste and apply this mask on your face for fifteen minutes, before rinsing it off with water.
Banana is widely used in India for skin care, owing to its skin enriching nutrients and vitamins. Honey being replete with antioxidants, the mask helps your skin glow up instantly.